Jung Yong Hwa (정용화); born on June 22, 1989) is a South Korean musician, singer-songwriter and actor. His first name is also written as Yonghwa, Yong-Hwa, or Yong-hwa. Jung made his acting debut as “Kang Shin-woo” in the Korean drama You’re Beautiful on 7 October 2009 before officially debuting as a singer. In February 2010, he was paired with Seohyun of Girls’ Generation as part of a virtually wedded couple, YongSeo Couple (Hangul: 용서커플), for MBC’s popular TV show We Got Married. They filmed their final episode of We Got Married on 15 March 2011. He later starred as the male lead, “Lee Shin” in the 2011 drama Heartstrings. Jung is currently the leader, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the rock band CNBlue.
- Origin: born in Seoul then moved to Busan, South Korea in 1991
- Occupations: Musician, singer-songwriter, arranger, actor, guitarist, rapper, MC, model, tv show host
- Instruments Played: Guitar, clarinet, piano, drums, recorder, synthesizer, and is also know for his beatboxing skills
- Height, Weight: 180CM, 63 KG
- Star sign: Cancer
- Blood Type: A
- CNBLUE‘s most recent album ‘Re: BLUE‘ is the first Korean album to include a self written title track, ‘I’m Sorry’
- In 2012, Jung Yonghwa was voted Idol ‘King’ by his own peers & voted most likely to succeed in a solo career.
- Also in 2012, Yonghwa wrote, composed & gifted two songs ‘Fool’ & ‘Love Is Only You’ for fellow FNC artists’ JUNIEL & AOA respectively.
- 2013 Yonghwa has mentioned that he would like to have a ‘Wold Tour’ and visit NYC
- Jung Yonghwa is the second Idol to win coveted title of ‘Star King’