Lee Jong Hyun (이종현; born on May 15, 1990) is a South Korean guitarist, musician, singer, and actor. He is currently the lead guitarist, vocalist and occasional composer of the South Korean rock band CNBLUE, which debuted in January 2010 in South Korea. Lee got his start when the group debuted as Indie band on the Japanese music scene in August 2009. Later, CNBLUE made their major debut in October 2011 with their single, “In My Head“. Lee was initially given the role of the leader of the group when the band made their debut in Japan in 2009. Following their Korean debut in January 2010, fellow member Jung Yonghwa became the new leader.
- Born: May 15, 1990 (age 23) Busan, South Korea
- Occupations Guitarist, singer, composer, lyricist, arranger, actor
- Instruments Guitar, piano, bass guitar, harmonica
- Jonghyun uses a variety of guitars, including a red Paul Reed Smith Custom 22, a Gibson Les Paul Historic Reissue Goldtop, a Carvin Custom, a Martin HD28 Acoustic and a Tobacco Burst Fender Stratocaster.
- Jonghyun will be making his small screen debut in new SBS weekend drama A Gentleman’s Dignity, which is said to start airing on May 26th 2012
- Height, Weight: 182 CM, 64KG
- Star sign: Taurus
- Blood Type: O
- 2012 Lee Jonghyun made his Drama acting debut when he played ‘Colin’ in ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’
- Jonghyun co-composed ‘More Than You’ on the band’s current album, ‘RE: BLUE‘ ans has either written or composed at least one song on each of the band’s Japanese releases.
- Jonghyun and Jungshin are called ‘Tom & Jerry‘ because they play fight all the time.
- He’s mentioned that he loves acting and didn’t think he would but he loves music more and would like to focus on that more so.